TSM 5.3 Web Admin Interface

Hi there,

Probably i am the newest user here :)),i immediately need to learn how to install TSM5.3 admin center,because it reqiures ISC Console installation first (i have ISC console 5.0.2),but i can not be able to install ISC CONSOLE,could anyone please help me.I have nearly tried all the ways but i couldnt be successfull on that.Once i have started to install and its percenteging going on %1,%2 and then again %1 and fail :sad:( .

Need your help

Best regards

My x205 (2.8 with 256MB RAM) was plenty until v5.3. ISC would install just fine (after forever) but the AdminCenter would hang during install. Took a call to IBM support and found out you NEED 512MB for ISC. Mind you, it 512MB for this application, not the OS and TSM...

IMHO, IBM had a great product and screwed it up royally. Errm, OS/2 anyone? Hopefully they'll learn from their previous mistakes.

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>Does anyone have any thoughts, experience with this new Admin Center? </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah. It sucks.

On the plus side, I think IBM is aware of the public sentiment regarding the new Admin Center. I wouldn't be surprised if they move quickly to implement some enhancements to make it work better.

Also, my admins tell me that the old fat (NT) client will still work, but you can't use the new features of 5.3 with it... The fat client was the best of them all!

Come on IBM/Tivoli! Don't make us suffer!

Thanks for this link!!!

Got the files and installed them here:

e:\tivoli\tsm\server - IDL zip

e:\tivoli\tsm\server\webimage - images

e:\tivoli\tsm\server\webhelp - help

Then I ran the dsmserv runfile windows.idl command.

When it finished, I started the TSM Server1 service, waited 5 minutes... Then tried to log in using:

http://servername:1580

Well, it doesn't work.. The documentation was a little poor on this, and now I feel stupid : ) Did I do something wrong here?

My bad... Fixed my own problem.

Added this to the DSMSERV.OPT

COMMMETHOD TCPIP

COMMMETHOD HTTP

HTTPPORT 1580

Hope this thread helps others!!!

Hi,

I have worked with TSM Server 5.1 on windows,

Now I got TSM 5.2 and 3 as well on AIX,

Can anybody help me how can I go to the command line,

and how can I configure the web console.

Please help

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rajeev

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>Well we have 6 more months with the web interface!

check this.

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/tools/unix/README_TSM52Admin.html

/daniel :grin: </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

This is great news! What was IBM Thinking when they created the ISC and assorted "baggage?" We installed it on one server in the spirit of moving towards the future, in spite of warnings on ADSM.org. The performance was abysmal on a 4-way H80.

Who ever heard of a 1 GB Java app?

Did IBM even consider what the implications for Disaster Recovery would be? How many of us have "extra" time in our DR plans to recover an ISC and budget for yet another server inproduction and in DR?

We need to band together an insure that IBM hears our voices and fully supports, in a permanent fashion, the Web interface. If the marketing types at IBM feel they need a "kinder Gentler" TSM, fine but don't take away tools from existing users. Why can the UI features of the ISC be in the Web Admin Interface?

:grin:

Wow.... I can now die a happy admin again. This is AWESOME! I JUST got used to cli for 5.3, but forget that!

Installed like a dream &amp; looks just like I remember. Thanks for the heads-up on this one!

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Here is a link to run the 5.2 web admin on 5.3 with ISC as well. I installed it today and it works like a champ.

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24009569

There are instructions on how to do it but if you are like me and threw up a brand spanking new 5.3 TSM server with no prior versions on the server you might need to rename the windows.idl to dsmserv.idl.

I installed 5.3 with the ISC. The ISC sucks.....bad. I installed 5.3 practically the day it came out so I have had a few months of time to get used to the ISC. One thing to note it that there is no DRM with the ISC. It has forced me to become friends with the command line. But now I have all three yippeeee!!!

Back