TS3584 Call Home

GregE

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Anyone know how to do a test call-home from TS3584 library? Mine didn't call home last month and we've tested the line, modem, etc. Next test is to force the library to call home. I don't see anything in the web interface or on the operator panel so I'm thinking the IBM CE tool is required to do this. Is that correct?

Last edited:
Anyone know how to do a test call-home from TS3584 library? Mine didn't call home last month and we've tested the line, modem, etc. Next test is to force the library to call home. I don't see anything in the web interface or on the operator panel so I'm thinking the IBM CE tool is required to do this. Is that correct?

Yes. Only the IBM CE/SE can do this test. Call IBM.

Yea I did. He said the same. Seems that's a detail that should be available so a CE doesn't have to make a trip out to test something so simple.

Operator Panel Service option

Greg,

There should be an option on the operator panel service menu.
Service->Test/Tools->Diagnostics->Call Home

--Art

Art had it right. You can perform the test using operator service panel (touch panel). However, unless you've got a network guy watching the line or you have things set up hear it dial out, you'll still have to contact IBM support to verify that they got the test.

Back