• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

TS3500 logical library

mdfazu1984

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi Friends,

Need help,

we have a TS3500 library currently using for TSM with 12 LTO7 drives with 261 slot.

now we are planning to implement veeam, so creating logical library for Veeam with half of TSM drive. which is 6 LTO 7 drives.

currenlty we are using IBM SKLM for drive encription which is running on AIX server. we are planning for some other OS..

So do we need to do any thing with Current SKLM to remove drive encryption and add with new windows SKLM server for veeam drives.

how to do slot and IO slot separation for new logical library.

mikeymac

ADSM.ORG Moderator
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Are you planning on running two completely separate SKLM instances (one on AIX and one on Windows) with different keystores? If so, I don't understand why that's desirable. You certainly don't HAVE to! You can use the same SKLM server for all of your drives, regardless of the number of logical libraries. If you do setup a second SKLM instance, you don't need to remove the drives from the original instance. They'll just never be used again. Obviously, you will need to add those drives on the new SKLM instance (which should happen automatically once that logical library starts reaching out to that SKLM instance for keys).

I moved SKLM from AIX to Linux last year. I've never run it on Windows.

The IBM SKLM team is really good! If I misunderstood your question, they can answer it for you quickly!

Good luck!

mdfazu1984

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mikey..

let me explain you completely

we are planning to move from TSM to veeam,

Current backup drives are configured with the SKLM aix server. we have planning to stop using aix too...

if I installed and configured sklm on windows can I add all 12 servers to new sklm server.. without doing any thing from the existing sklm server. ill it impacts backups. if we simply attached new sklm server in library console end.

mdfazu1984

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
HI Mikey

could you pls let me know.. how to migrate. from aix to linux... my current version is sklm 2.7 can I migrate version and OS same time... from 2.7 to 4.0 and aix to linux

mikeymac

ADSM.ORG Moderator
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi! Yes, you should be able to do that. Install SKLM 4.0 on the target Linux host. Then follow IBM's cross-migration documentation to migrate from SKLM 2.7 on the AIX box to SKLM 4.0 on the new Linux box.

I would open an IBM ticket, too, and have them bless your migration plan.

Good luck!

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 60 61.2%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 8 8.2%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valdemiroalves