1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

TS3310 Library problem

Discussion in 'Tape / Media Library' started by dank, Aug 30, 2007.

1. dank

dank New Member

Has anyone had a problem where TSM seems to think empty slots actually have cartidges in them? I've just done a library audit as mine is playing up, and a certain number of empty slots don't report as empty, but "barcode unreadable" instead.

Anyone?

3. moon-buddy

moon-buddy Moderator

Electronics Engineer, Security Professional
    Off hand, I would say shutdown the TSM server, power down the library, wait a few minutes, power up the library, and start the TSM server.

This might be a firmware "mess up" in the library.

4. drawlins

drawlins New Member

Try "audit library" from TSM. This may be an over simplified answer, but it has been very helpful to me in the past on both 3584 and 3494 libraries.

(Make sure the library has no moves queued when you run the command, or the audit library command may hang.)

5. ttercero

ttercero New Member

To be on the safe place, I would upgrade firmware and drivers also

6. chad_small

chad_small Moderator

AIX/SAN/TSM
    Did you do the initial audit from TSM or from the library? If from the library and you recieved that error then you have a hardware problem. If from TSM then run the audit from the library side and then audit from TSM and they should sync.