Trying to solve several db instances backup from the same host.

Zeeuus

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
So,

I Have this server with four different Domino instances configured.

All went well with installing TSM for Mail but I can not wrap my brain around how ton pipe the output from "dedicated instance shed.log" to central sched.log.

This is the setup for the incremental db backup for instance:
dominc.bat
start /B domdsmc incremental * /subdir=yes /adsmoptfile=domdsm.opt /configfile=01.cfg /logfile=domisch01.log >> dominc.log
start /B domdsmc incremental * /subdir=yes /adsmoptfile=domdsm.opt /configfile=02.cfg /logfile=domisch02.log >> dominc.log
start /B domdsmc incremental * /subdir=yes /adsmoptfile=domdsm.opt /configfile=03.cfg /logfile=domisch03.log >> dominc.log
start /B domdsmc incremental * /subdir=yes /adsmoptfile=domdsm.opt /configfile=04.cfg /logfile=domisch04.log >> dominc.log

This will throw me a : This file is used by another process.
Fair enough, i am trying to send the output from four processes to one file at the same time. But how could I make each process wait until the one running finishes?

W=Y is a no go... tried to use /t 60 to make the processes sleep but this was to no avail.

Is the ONLY possible way to make four different schedules and point to different dominc.bat files? Like dominc01.bat dominc02.bat ....
And they must be runned in different schedule slots to be able to pipe the output to dominc.log because, the file is in use by another process?

Se what I mean?

So,

I Have this server with four different Domino instances configured.

All went well with installing TSM for Mail but I can not wrap my brain around how ton pipe the output from "dedicated instance shed.log" to central sched.log.

This is the setup for the incremental db backup for instance:
dominc.bat
start /B domdsmc incremental * /subdir=yes /adsmoptfile=domdsm.opt /configfile=01.cfg /logfile=domisch01.log >> dominc.log
start /B domdsmc incremental * /subdir=yes /adsmoptfile=domdsm.opt /configfile=02.cfg /logfile=domisch02.log >> dominc.log
start /B domdsmc incremental * /subdir=yes /adsmoptfile=domdsm.opt /configfile=03.cfg /logfile=domisch03.log >> dominc.log
start /B domdsmc incremental * /subdir=yes /adsmoptfile=domdsm.opt /configfile=04.cfg /logfile=domisch04.log >> dominc.log

This will throw me a : This file is used by another process.
Fair enough, i am trying to send the output from four processes to one file at the same time. But how could I make each process wait until the one running finishes?

W=Y is a no go... tried to use /t 60 to make the processes sleep but this was to no avail.

Is the ONLY possible way to make four different schedules and point to different dominc.bat files? Like dominc01.bat dominc02.bat ....
And they must be runned in different schedule slots to be able to pipe the output to dominc.log because, the file is in use by another process?

Se what I mean?

Writing from different inputs to one file has access limitations which, unfortunately, is a one-on-one issue with DOS.

Write the log to different logs files and combine later.

Thanks, moon-buddy.

But what do you really mean by that?

The only way I got this to sort of function was to not pipe it to the last log file.
Like:

start /B domdsmc incremental * /subdir=yes /adsmoptfile=domdsm.opt /configfile=01.cfg /logfile=domisch01.log
start /B domdsmc incremental * /subdir=yes /adsmoptfile=domdsm.opt /configfile=02.cfg /logfile=domisch02.log

How should I combine/merge these into one big log file?

Last edited:
Back