Trying to like Operations Center

droach

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Running Spectrum Protect 8.1 server in Azure. Right now I have 4 clients (with 3 sessions each) running their scheduled backup. In OC their 'At Risk' column is blank. Shouldn't it be showing as 'Active'?

Also, any idea why each client need three sessions to pull off its backup?

PREDATAR Control23

Running Spectrum Protect 8.1 server in Azure. Right now I have 4 clients (with 3 sessions each) running their scheduled backup. In OC their 'At Risk' column is blank. Shouldn't it be showing as 'Active'?
Shows blank if not at risk
If at risk, it will say why it's at risk in that column

Also, any idea why each client need three sessions to pull off its backup?
What do you mean?

3 simultaneous?
possibly resourceutil>2

3 total over time?
producer thread probably started a session at the beginning,
producer fed the consumer thread and this one started a session to transfer the data
producer thread was idle and reached the idle timeout, so session ended gracefully
producer thread needed a session at the end to send the statistics so started a new one.

PREDATAR Control23

In the explanation of the 'At Risk' categories the help says this about active status:
16_Backing-Up.gif
Active The client has an active server connection, for example, to back up files. At-risk status cannot be determined.

That explanation makes me think it should still show any active clients as 'Active' in this panel. Also, I have seen some clients show up as 'Active' when their backup was running, but others do not. Perhaps the ones that did show as active in the panel were doing their first backup???

The three sessions are simultaneous and seem to be the norm. Looks like every client requires three simultaneous session to perform their backup. Here is the list of the clients running right now:

2017-07-20_084113.jpg

As you can see, one session moves the majority of the data to the SP server. The second session has an order of magnitude less going to the SP server, and the third session has another order of magnitude less going to the SP server.

Also, trying to figure out why I have the extremely long wait times. For now my guess is that it is related to the deduplication that I have enabled, but I don't see any bottlenecks on the SP server.