• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

Try-Buy Days Remaining in Q LIC

ad283m

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a question to all the tsmers here.

When a do a Q LIC the Try-Buy Days Remaining doesn't appears

Also, when I do a select * from LICENSES the camp TRYBUY_DAYS doesn't appear neither.

Any thoughts :confused: because I want to make sure that the server won't die on me because the trial time expired.

This is an instalation TSM 5.2.6.3 and the adsmlicn.dll had to be copied and pasted from an old installation.

Best Regards.

hogmaster

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
IF you have done a register lic adn you can not se any try and buy inforamtion then you are home free.
BTW If you have payed your support fee to IBM you should upgrade to a 5.5.x release

ad283m

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Home Free ?? what's that??

Well we have paid IBM the fees but we cannot upgrade this server because the machine is ancient and doesn't have the HW and SW minimal requirements.

We're going to migrate the data to a new server to put this one out of commission, and what has me thinking is "How much time do I have to do the migration?"

Because I installed a trial and then I copied the .ddl file to run the reg lic.

The reg lic worked without problems.

Best Regards

moon-buddy

ADSM.ORG Moderator
Reaction score
If you had copied the old license (running and permanent) files from an existing installation, then you don't have a Try-and-Buy installation anymore.

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 60 61.2%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 8 8.2%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blietz2