Traditional TSM scheduler on Debian 8

yodawoya

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Could anyone share on how to accomplish this. I am adding this to /etc/rc.local but nothing is happening :

tsmsched::eek:nce:/usr/bin/dsmc sched > /dev/null 2>&1 # TSM scheduler

Any detailed help would be greatly appreciated.

Check dsmerror.log and dsmsched.log.

For troubleshooting purpose, you could redirect to a file instead of /dev/null, put it back to /dev/null after you resolved the issue.

I am pretty sure the command you posted above is looks like its meant for an inittab file. I think rc.local would like something along the lines of:
Code:
/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmc schedule > /dev/null &
Just because rc.local gets ran at the end of each multiuser runlevel if I recall correctly. However, it is a backwards compatibility built into systemd and it may have unexpected results. If all else fails, you could attempt to create a systemd service unit, or take your client to the 7.1.6 level, I believe that's when IBM added official support for systemd and CAD (I know, you mentioned not using CAD, but just giving you the info).

If you are going to make the systemd service unit route, ibm has a handy technote for the CAD, I'd assume with a little modification can make it run the scheduler. http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21976275

I've not tested this out however.

Hope it helps.

Back