tracing failed

TaSMania

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

working on Linux SP server name= ISP5
So I'm asked to trace for a slow db backup response with a command as tsminst1 user:
Code:
perl servermon.pl

I have 3 files in /tmp directory:
Code:
servermon.pl
servermon.ini
command.ini

When I ran the trace, it asked for server name (ISP5) which I input it.
Code:
Enter the servername as found in dsm.opt or dsm.sys [servermon]:isp5
I got an error:
Code:
Connecting to server.
Giving up connecting to server, please check the server is up and very the parameters are correct:
servername: "ISP5"

So I check dsm.opt file in /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin, ISP5 is not included should it be?

Trying to explain to L2 tech he's not understanding, maybe you guys here might understand me.

what am I missing?

PREDATAR Control23

So I check dsm.opt file in /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin, ISP5 is not included should it be?
Yes. Put one the servername that is in dsm.sys that points to the server you want to trace as the answer to the question: "Enter the servername as found in dsm.opt or dsm.sys [servermon]:"

BTW, this should be on the same machine the Spectrum Protect Server is on, and you need to be logged in to the OS as the instance owner.

PREDATAR Control23

Some people put add a new serverstanza called "servermon" for that purpose:
Code:
servername  servermon
tcpserveraddress localhost
You don't really need more options, servermon uses dsmadmc to connect to the server, so all the usual client options are not needed for this.

PREDATAR Control23

Nevermind. Found out, I can't dsmadmc into it. My ID got stricted and won't come out of strict after upd admin. Another PMR opened for that now. My peer was abled to run it under his ID, but I swore I had him tried just to eliminate users issue before opening up this thread.