Total amount of data during a DB Oracle restore

samiuri

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hello,
i'm performing a 300 Gb db Oracle restore with RMAN on TSM Server 6.2.1.0;
when i issue the command 'q sess', TSM returns in the field 'Bytes sent' only the amount of data for single transaction; in fact, if I re-issue the command after some minutes, it shows me a decreased number (another block of datafiles is started); so i can't know how many Gb of the entire db have been restored.

I'd like to monitor the restore operation and to to be able to estimate the end of it.

Is it possible to see the amount of restored files?

Thank you very much for your support.

(I don't know RMAN, my colleagues Oracle admin launched the restore and they can't see the amount, too)

Regards

Sam

PREDATAR Control23

When I run q session it shows the total data amount. Perhaps this SQL query may return the restore amount;

SELECT activity, cast(float(sum(bytes))/1024/1024/1024 as dec(8,2)) as GB FROM summary WHERE activity<>'TAPE MOUNT' AND activity<>'EXPIRATION' AND end_time>current_timestamp-24 hours GROUP BY activity

ps; its last 24 hours of activity so change that if you need

PREDATAR Control23

Thanks a lot for your help. I'll try that command as soon as possible.

Cheers

Sam

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I run q session it shows the total data amount. Perhaps this SQL query may return the restore amount;

SELECT activity, cast(float(sum(bytes))/1024/1024/1024 as dec(8,2)) as GB FROM summary WHERE activity<>'TAPE MOUNT' AND activity<>'EXPIRATION' AND end_time>current_timestamp-24 hours GROUP BY activity

ps; its last 24 hours of activity so change that if you need