TIVsm-licence download

cedber

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi,

I would like to know where i can download the TSM licence reg package for linux (TIVsm-licence....) ?

Thank's,

CedBer

PREDATAR Control23

Thank's for the reply,

Do you have to buy a licence online to download the license enabler ?
I just want the TSM licence enabler for Linux (x86) in ver. 5.3.4.

CedBeR

PREDATAR Control23

I am not sure what you are refering to "license enabler."

With TSM Server 5.3.0.0 base code, this contains license files in addition to the code.

TSM 5.3.X.X, X=non-zero, is just a maintenance/patch code and does not contain any license files. Without the license files, the TSM Server will
be a "Try N' Buy" code. If we already have the maintenance code installed, the only thing that we need to install from the base code are the license files.
Once the license files are install, from the TSM Server command line issue
"register license file=name_of_license_file" (no quotes).

In the opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin directory look for the following files:
tsmbasic.lic
tsmee.lic
dataret.lic
You may already have the license files and not know it.

If there are no files with .lic, the base code can be download from the Passport Advantage private ftp site or order via IBM Marketing Rep.

Good Luck,
Sias

PREDATAR Control23

additional info : IBM shipped 5.3.2.0 as baselevel too (with license files)

Pepeda

PREDATAR Control23

The license is included with the media

Hello.

Whether you downloaded the software from the Passport Advantage site, wheter you receive the media from IBM, the license files (tsmee.lic, tsmlic, etc) are included in the software itself, for example, in our case, the licences are located at "C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\server".

Hi,

I would like to know where i can download the TSM licence reg package for linux (TIVsm-licence....) ?

Thank's,

CedBer