Tivoli Storage Manager Reporting and Monitoring version 8 ?

darkhorse

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
PREDATAR Control23

Morning,
the latest version of
Tivoli Storage Manager Reporting and Monitoring seems to be version 7.x
What version of TSM server will this product cover? suspicion is SP ver 8 is not supported.
There is no obvious roadmap for this product?

Regards

PREDATAR Control23

Any luck with Tivoli Monitoring for TSM? I am thinking of implementing it as the OC Reporting features are limited compared to the older TSM Operational Reports (OR) but when I look at the IBM page for Tivoli Monitoring some of this information is at least 3 years old and has not been updated.

In fact most of the important pages on their wiki are no longer available the system requirements states Windows 2008 RHEL5

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/... Tivoli Monitoring for Tivoli Storage Manager

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/...istration Center with Tivoli Common Reporting

PREDATAR Control23

Hello
Short answer. Product is not continuing to be developed. Support have formally informed me that its not supported while using 8.1 server.
This leaves a gap when it comes to reporting for longer terms. Past the 2 weeks OC can achieve.
I imagine they will keep adding such functionality onto OC going forward.

PREDATAR Control23

Hello
Short answer. Product is not continuing to be developed. Support have formally informed me that its not supported while using 8.1 server.
This leaves a gap when it comes to reporting for longer terms. Past the 2 weeks OC can achieve.
I imagine they will keep adding such functionality onto OC going forward.

Thank you. Does that mean that it will not work with 8.1 or that as a customer, we will not be able to get IBM support for Tivoli Monitoring if I am running an 8.1 IBM SP Instance. I've opened a PMR recently i was told that it was supported for 8.1

PREDATAR Control23

Thank you. Does that mean that it will not work with 8.1 or that as a customer, we will not be able to get IBM support for Tivoli Monitoring if I am running an 8.1 IBM SP Instance. I've opened a PMR recently i was told that it was supported for 8.1

I'm not confident that it's not supported. The 8.1 Knowledge Center points you to the 7.1 Reporting and Monitoring. If it wasn't supported, they would not point you there.

Check #2 that I posted earlier.

PREDATAR Control23

Also the other issue is the complimented SW involved, I ran into issues on a newer version of AIX for example, I needed Jazz Service Management installed for R and M but Jazz version bundled with the older 7.1 R and M is not supported on the newer version of AIX I have also the same for Cognos. Just to clarify Support told me that currently there is no solution for long term reporting out of Spectrum Protect from 8 upwards. Its not great.

PREDATAR Control23

There are a few reporting options depending on what level you require - if you reach out i can run you through them and what they give you.