Tivoli Storage Engineer/ TSM Annapolis Junction, MD

Nickole

Newcomer
Reaction score
My name is Nickole and I'm a Technical Recruiter at Artech Government Services. I am looking for a Storage/BackUp Engineer/Administrator with experienced in performing Back-ups using TSM Tivoli for Large Systems.
Clearance: Minimum Active Secret
Candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining, and configuration of: Tivoli Asset Management, Tivoli Monitoring (ITM), Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM), and Tivoli Access Manager. Individual will be a subject matter expert in Tivoli Asset Management, Tivoli Monitoring (ITM) and Tivoli Access Manager.
This is an older technology that is not very common, so we would be interested in a candidate that perhaps has not had that much recent experience. However, still would like to speak to candidates that either feel like they have good knowledge of TSM or have worked with it in the past 4 years.
Client will provide Training.

• TSM System Administrator will manage the backup / restore of systems using Tivoli Storage Management. Review, install, maintain, and administer Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM).
  • Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of corporate backups using TSM software. Disaster Recovery (DR) preparation and testing for Windows systems.
  • Operate and maintain the AIX and IBM POWER5/POWER7 servers. This includes AIX 6.1 and above running on hardware to include IBM P770, P750, P520, P650 and blade technology.
  • Troubleshoot and resolve major and minor issues with the servers and related infrastructure including opening and managing support tickets with vendor (IBM) as needed
  • Assist with the AIX/POWER related tasks to support the migration of TSM from POWER6 to POWER7
    Familiarity with and willingness to assist with supporting backup infrastructure equipment (such as tape libraries and VTLs) highly desired.
  • Monitors the daily backup schedules for failed and missed backups. Produce daily backup reports to management.

Please email me with your resume, contact information and your availability to talk/ interview. Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to read and respond to this message. If this opportunity is not for you, or you may no longer be looking for a position but you know a great professional who is perfect for this role, please do not hesitate to pass my contact information and position description to them.

Regards,
Nickole Halpine
Artech Government Services LLC
2200 Research Blvd, Suite 530, Rockville, MD 20850
Main: 240.425.5010 | Cell: 240.476.1666 | Fax: (240) 632-1014
[email protected]|www.artechgov.com| www.artechinfo.com
Connect with me on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/in/nickolehalpine

Back