Tivoli monitoring - what to install exactly

TiborB

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi

I got very general task - to install "tivoli monitoring". And I am not sure what installation file should I start with.

I suspect these files:
IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.2.2 Base, Unix, English (CZ5XFEN)
IBM Tivoli Monitoring for Tivoli Storage Manager V7.1 AIX 1 of 2 Multilingual (CN0TYML)

We need it to communicate to TSM v. 6.2, so first question - is v 7.1 compatible?

It should contain TEP.

I found some guide on net reffering to something like "tivoli monitoring feature". But I cannot find such file in downloads on IBM site.

I installed IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.2.2 Base, but I am not sure at all I did right thing, and dont know what to do now. And have no corresponding installation guide.

So I would like to have exact instructions.

Thanks!

v7 is quite different from v6.x. v7.1.1 monitoring needs a pile of "jazz" stuff installed after the monitoring base package. Also, i've been unsuccessful in trying to load it on a windows VM, due to CPU requirements.

The v7.1 monitoring install is a walk down memory lane of the old v6.1 server installation process. It involves expanding 4 separate packages into one directory and then running an install tool. that tool wants to load DB2, but you must be sure it doesn't, because you already installed DB2 with the 1st package (TSM monitoring bundle)

the last v6 monitoring was two packages. One for the monitoring toolset, and then ADMIN CENTER for the reporting. that seemed much cleaner to me.

If anyone knows how to disable pre-requisite checks on this bundle, please let me know!

Back