TIP 6.3 What Browser to use

Mita201

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Just playing a bit with TIP 6.3 at the moment.
I have found that it is dead slow in internet explorer, and most things do not work in newer Firefox or Chrome - eg. Dropdown list won't drop down.
Does anyone know how to tweak browser to make it working with this TIP, or how to accelerate it work in IE?

We have Good Experience with Opera.
In IE add your TIP portal site to trusted sites (Config -> Security).

I just finished installing this today and found, like you, that it is brutally slow with IE. I am using Firefox 3.6.23 and it works much better. I won't say it is blazing fast, but certainly usable. I haven't had any (obvious) issues with drop downs or anything else so far.

UGH! The TSM Admin GUI rises its nasty head again? IBM still can't build a good GUI since dumping the quick and easy HTTP interface of old.

No kidding! So, being completely new to 6.2, are there any good GUI admin tools for this version, other than Admin Center? I mean from IBM, or otherwise free? We are currently using TSMManager in our 5.5 environment and it apparently supports 6.x, but we don't have enough licenses to play with it on the test 6.2 server.

I just finished installing this today and found, like you, that it is brutally slow with IE. I am using Firefox 3.6.23 and it works much better. I won't say it is blazing fast, but certainly usable. I haven't had any (obvious) issues with drop downs or anything else so far.

Right, it will work with Firefox 3.something.
Unfortunately, recent Firefox version is 8, and since 5 I think it updates itself pretty much by itself. So, it is not solution to tell to people "use ancient browsers".

Last edited:
Back