Three of my mental problems about HSM for Windows

Gigan

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi, I have some questions about TSM HSM for windows. I had loss more time for search answers, but I overtook failure.

1) About updating from 5.5.1.8 to 6.2.2.0. After updating I launched one my job for migration data. And observed strange effect, HSM client began recalling of the all file to my volume based on the stub-files from old version and again migration it to the off-line storage. This very long loop. I did downgrade, returned to 5.5.1.8 version, but have same effect. Maybe this behavior to possible fix via some settings?

2) About temporary files. When recalling procedure is started (if some access to stub-file) the system returned files from off-line storage to on-line volume but NOT to native location and in tmp directory. After returning from off-line to TMP, the system began copy file from TMP to native location. It take more time and all this time the drive of the off-line storage is busy. Which reason of this solution? Is possible to configure the recalling procedure directly to native location without intermediate TMP?

3) I use HSM on the server which is node of the active directory and have problem. I can't start migration process when user is not administrator of the domain. I have errors with query of the security descriptors of the files on my volume.

Any answers would be very valuable to me!
Thank you in advance.

I found problem, why HSM do re-migrate. This is not related to the version update, it happening because somebody changed the permition for root folder and now when HSM scaning files for migrate it do check of the file security sum of the stub-file and file which is on TSM, of course this sum is different and HSM begin re-migration for all files. But I don't know how can I disable check of the File secutity sum.
Maybe anybody can help me?
I found two option for dsmc client "SKIPNTPermissions" and "SKIPNTSecuritycrc" but it not work for HSM client.
Thanks in advance.

Back