Thanx All Part II

Harry_Redl

ADSM.ORG Moderator
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have passed 872 exam just a few hours ago. It would not be possible without help of people on this forum.

Thanx

Harry

Hi Harry,

Congratulations ! Can you please mail some quistions which you got in the exam and also some suggestions,bcos i am planning to appear for exam next week.

Thanks and Regards,

Ravikanth[email protected]

Hi,

Unfortunatelly, after you finish the exam, you do not get the answer key to find where you made mistakes and you cannot get copy of the test, therefore I cannot provide you with exact questions (and answers).

What I do remember was:

questions concerning instalation:

Which platforms are supported for TSM Client 5.2?

Open file support as a default feature is on which platforms?

What is a correst sequence when installing TSM on MS Cluster?

questions concerning problems solving:

You have an TSM enviroment consisting of XYZ components (you get a schematics) and want to backup node Q with diskspace 500G, daily change 10%. Which parts of the enviroment you need to upgrade?

You have storage hierarchy (diskpool, tapepool , capacity of both , thresholds .... you get the table), some nodes did not successfully finished backup ... what was wrong?

DRM questions:

When offsite copy is destroyed during the trasport to the vault, what should be done?

How to find drmedia to be taken to the vault?

Policy and domain questions:

Some department needs to ocassionaly back up data with different retension than usual. What must be changed?

Some oher department needs to make full backup weekly and keep it for 1 year and full backup monthly with retention 7 years ... can it be done? How?

... and so on. It is "select best (one/two/three) answers from a/b/c/d/e" test - see Sample 872 test on IBM website.

Some questions are really tricky, because you do not get all the needed info (as it seemed to me)

For example:

You have 10 nodes 500GB each, 10% daily change and 2 nodes 100GB, 5% daily change.

Storage hierarchy is: diskpool with mig threshold 100% whith nextpool set to tapepool. How big must be the diskpool (atleast) ensure successfull backup?

a)520G

b) 520M

c)200M

d}55G

What confuses me is: when you have enough space in tapepool, it can be enough to have 200M diskpool (yes, very dirty solution, but it CAN work - files that won't fit into diskpool will be backed directly to the tape). On the other hand, when your tapepoll is full and you do not have enough space in the diskpool, not even 520G won't save you.

I have chosen a) option .....

... maybe I was thinking too much over this one .... :)

Harry

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>For example:

You have 10 nodes 500GB each, 10% daily change and 2 nodes 100GB, 5% daily change.

Storage hierarchy is: diskpool with mig threshold 100% whith nextpool set to tapepool. How big must be the diskpool (atleast) ensure successfull backup?

a)520G

b) 520M

c)200M

d}55G

What confuses me is: when you have enough space in tapepool, it can be enough to have 200M diskpool (yes, very dirty solution, but it CAN work - files that won't fit into diskpool will be backed directly to the tape). On the other hand, when your tapepoll is full and you do not have enough space in the diskpool, not even 520G won't save you.

I have chosen a) option .....

... maybe I was thinking too much over this one .... :)

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I have this question in my first try and i have 4chosen also a) option :)

Back