TDPSQL directory not created during FlashCopyManager installation

bmcmcm

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
I have two Windows 2012 R2 servers with SQL 2014 that I'm trying to install TDP for SQL on. The BA client and TDP client versions are 7.1.1.1. The BA client has no trouble at all, it registered and I did an incremental backup from the command line. The TDP installation is not acting as expected. It appears to install successfully, but no TDPSQL directory is created.

When I run the DP for SQL Management console (GUI), it say that no license could be found. So I copied the TDPSQL directory from a server with the same version and edited the DSM.OPT and TDPSQL.CFG with the correct node information. This gets me past the license error but the GUI doesn't find an SQL server. There isn't any error, it just doesn't show and SQL. TDPSQLC just comes up with errors:

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Databases:
Data Protection for Microsoft SQL Server
Version 7, Release 1, Level 1.01
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1997, 2014. All rights reserved.

ACO0004E An unknown error has been detected.
ACO0133W Could not locate installation directory. Attempting to continue...

ACO0134W Could not locate log directory. Processing will continue...

So it seems like the FlashCopyManager installation is at least partially failing, even though there is no error message. What is odd about this is that it is happening on two servers and I've never seen this before. Anyone have any advice?

Alright, so if anyone ever runs into this, apparently you can't just install certain TDP versions. You have to install a major revision, then upgrade it. 7.1.0 installed and worked, I then upgraded it to 7.1.1.1 and everything is working properly.

Back