• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

TDPSQL backup Schedules

shadab

ADSM.ORG Member
Dear Techies,

earlier with the help of TRIDENT, I set up my tdp for sql backup with following details:

IAM using legacy method for backup.

tdpnodeA for daily backup retention of 7 days (daily full backup)
tdpnodeB for daily backup retention of 12 weeks (weekly full backup - 12 version)
tdpnodeC for daily backup retention of 7 days (monthly full backup)

as instructed before i created 03 tdpsql.opt files for each type of backup.

NowIi have to define 03 schedules to runs on a daily , weekly and first week of every month for monthly full backups.

in Aix environment, for tdp oracle backup, its very easy for us to define the schedule on tsm server and using object parameter i can run the script.

In tdpsql guide, they says create service using "dsmcutil install cad /name ............" and it will run my backup.

in my tdpsql.opt files, "SCHEDMODE POLLING " is set. (should i need to change it to prompted)?

my question is:
1. as per my understanding I have to define schedule on tsm server using enhanced option and set schedule to run on particular days of weeks and week of month option.

2. should i need to define windows cad service on the client machine?
3. if yes, I have to create 3 cad service on client machine point to different tdpsql.opt files (for daily weekly and monthly backups)
3. if yes, how can i set the services to run on particular time on selected days and week of the months.

In short, which is the easiest way to define and run my schedule on daliy weekly monthly basis.

waiting for your reply...

thanks.

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 48 63.2%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 7 9.2%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elior4444