1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

TDP_R3 RESTORE DDBB in other node

Discussion in 'Oracle' started by Rafita, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Rafita

Rafita New Member

Hi all,

My aim is to restore Production DDBB and SAP to other node and check if the backup I am doing is OK. My problem is that in the other node I have not access to the filespace /tdp /tdpmux so I can not restore from PRODUCTION to the new one.
    I am using brrestore, so i checked the way to do it with virtualnodename but only for files.... not TDP_r3

I checked the way to export/import but it is slow and always it hangs in the process in TSM. So no way.

I was thinking for one day to set up in the new machine, the same node name as production and do it.

Is that idea right? I could do the rollback easily only activating the dsmc process in production and with backint setting up the password again?

Is some of you have another idea, I will wondering .....

Thanks in advance...

All the best,

RAFA