TDP v7.1 for MS SQL Server 2012

Danesh

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello,

I have installed & configured TDP 7.1 Data Protection for Microsoft SQL Server on a system running Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 64 bit and MS SQL Server 2012.

I am able to run a manual TDP backup from the Flashcopy Manager GUI to backup the SQL databases successfully.

I have created TDP SQL windows service to automatically backup the SQL databases using TDP agent V7.1 and added the node to a TSM backup schedule.

When the automated TDP SQL starts to backup the database the following error is reported:-

ACO5426E The SQL log on does not have the Sysadmin role: CSqlApi::LogonServer:6703:1904 Server:IsSysadmin:false

I believe TDP uses the SQL "sa" account to login and connect to the database. The "sa" account already has "sysadmin" role but TDP backup still reports the same error.

Please can anyone help me?

Thank you

Hi there,

I believe you can workaround giving proper SQL credentials to the user that runs the tdp agent, ín your case, you can create or use an user with SQL permissions and start the TDP service with that user.

Cheers

I will try your advice.

Ran into the same problem. I found out that the if your Tdpsql services start up with the local system account you need to make sure that the NT Authority\System has sysadmin privileges in SQL or like November stated you need to create a local user account to start your tdpsql services and give it public and sysadmin privileges in MSSQL 2012.

Last edited:
Back