TDP SQL Restore Failing

Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

We have rename our tdpsql server from hem2001_sql to hem2001_SQL_OLD in order to save the backup from expiration..Now we have to restore older SQL DB backup from hem2001_SQL_OLD to another node..we made changes to dsm.opt and tdpsql.cfg and we could see the older backup..but when we try to restore we are getting below errors- Restore failed.An exception occured while executing a transact-sql statement or batch. Cannot open backup device'TDPSQL-000000ED8-0000' Operating system error 0x80070002(The system cannot find the file specified), RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.Changed database context to master.(HRESULT:0x80131501) We are using tsm server 7.1
SQL Ver 2008 R2
Please help and share your views

PREDATAR Control23

...we made changes to dsm.opt and tdpsql.cfg...

What parameter(s) did we change in both files?
What were they before and after?

Good Luck,
Sias

PREDATAR Control23

Than
What parameter(s) did we change in both files?
What were they before and after?

Good Luck,
Sias

thanks for replying Sias
We made basic changes like node name which helped us to access older backup..we can easily access our old backup..but unable to restore it..i am not sure what wrong i am doing..

PREDATAR Control23

We made basic changes like node name...
If that was the case, we should not be encountering the issue.
I do not know what parameters were changed other than the nodename, and I do not expect you to remember exactly what was changed other than the node name.

The issue that we encounter can be due to the tdpsql.cfg parameter SQLSERVER not pointing to the server which the db is being restored to .

For example, the target server name is SERVER-B, but the parameter SQLSERVER in the tdpsql.cfg still pointing to the source server SERVER-A.

Update the SQLSERVER to point to the target server:
SQLSERVER SERVER-B

Good Luck,
Sias

PREDATAR Control23

If that was the case, we should not be encountering the issue.
I do not know what parameters were changed other than the nodename, and I do not expect you to remember exactly what was changed other than the node name.

The issue that we encounter can be due to the tdpsql.cfg parameter SQLSERVER not pointing to the server which the db is being restored to .

For example, the target server name is SERVER-B, but the parameter SQLSERVER in the tdpsql.cfg still pointing to the source server SERVER-A.

Update the SQLSERVER to point to the target server:
SQLSERVER SERVER-B

Good Luck,
Sias

Thanks Sias..restore complete succesfully..issue was with dsm.opt and cfg file..appreciate taking time and replying the post