TDP SAP FOR ORACLE

dishant

Newcomer
Reaction score
In my environment , Sap team is using BRbackup utility for full online backup but in TSM it is showing data in archives, though I have defined copy group for Archive, after backup completion retver is there automatically.

select * from backups is empty but select * from archive is showing data.

can any help me to figure out

Thanks in advance...

Works as designed I guess. Only with rman "SAP-TSM backups" will be backups in stead of archives.
This also is reflected in the init<SID>.utl file that defines the number of versions to keep (MAXVERSION).

An archive of data from within SAP can be achieved with Commonstore, which will archive the data to TSM, remove it from the database and create a link to the data in the database

Works as designed I guess. Only with rman "SAP-TSM backups" will be backups in stead of archives.
This also is reflected in the init<SID>.utl file that defines the number of versions to keep (MAXVERSION).

An archive of data from within SAP can be achieved with Commonstore, which will archive the data to TSM, remove it from the database and create a link to the data in the database
Can you advice , How I can configure 2 seperate nodename for offline and online backup, I have created seperate utl,sap and node but it is giving authenticate error as only 1 .bki file

seperate .sap, .utl and .bki files are needed I think.
In the utl-file one can specify which bki to use. Perhaps it doesn't allow to use 2 hostnames in 1 bki file (CONFIG_FILE entry in the utl file)

Back