TDP R3 v6 versioning check on 1 indicative file TDP_VER

Jdelijser

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello all,

While setting up a volume/versioning check for SAP TDP R3 nodes, i came across a type of file being backed up with each full database backup called "TDP_VER", i did not find this in v5 nodes, but only in nodes running v6.x clients.

Neither Google, nor the documentation i checked showed any mention of this file, however i feel it may be worth mentioning here, as it can greatly simplify versioning checks for SAP nodes on the TSM server side. (what i've seen so far, and planned to build was based on expected volumes, with tolerance margins).

Instead, i've set up a little administrative script that shows the SID of the instance, and the the TDP_VER versions with archive date.

SELECT CAST(node_name AS CHAR(25)) as "NODE_NAME",
cast(DESCRIPTION as char(7)) as "SAP_ID", archive_date from
archives where node_name like ucase('$1') and
LL_NAME='TDP_VER' order by DESCRIPTION, archive_date

I hope it's of help to you. If not to replace volume based checks, which are complicated and not always indicative of issues, then as a quick check to indicate if the nodes have any versioning issues, or old instance data.

Any confirmation if these files are present on other people's TDP R3 nodes too would be helpful.

Also any knowledge of similar indicative files present in other TDP's backups would be appreciated. :)

Thanks

Joost.

Back