TDP Oracle - restoring Database to another server

jharris

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm just setup the Oracle TSM for Database TDP module on a Solaris production server and backups seem to be working fine.

We get restore requests, which we would like to restore the database to another "test" Oracle server. This test server was originally defined on the TSM server and backup/restores work fine.

However when I want to restore the "production" data from tsm, I edited the TDPo_Opt file to now indicate the "production" nodename. Tried to resync the password using "tdpo password" command, but it gets rejected due to different guid or something ?!?

"ANS1353E (RC53) Session rejected: Unknown or incorrect ID entered"

The problem is if I reset the production node password on the TSM server, I'll need to resync it after the restore. Also I'd like if possible for both "production" and "test" to see the same data within TSM, but can seem to grant the "test" server the ability to emulate the "production" node.

How can I restore this Oracle database to another server?

I've resolved this problem

Simply copying the tdpo.opt and the TDPO.nodename files from the production server to the non-prod server has enabled the non-prod server to see the TSM backups via RMAN and allow the restore.

It's probably best now if I leave the original tdpo.opt and TDPO.nodename on the non-prod server and copy the production versions into a seperate sub directory where additional RMAN scripts can be redirected to this other location.

This should allow non-prod test backup/restores and production restores to the same physical server

Back