• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

TDP Oracle on AIX

Alnemer

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
dears ,
I would like to know if there is any martials which explains , how I can install TDP Oracle on AIX or Unix and configure all necessary files to integrate with Spectrum Protect , I google it but it a bit default to me to understand . so please advise

Alnemer

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
thanks for your reply Marclant , i'm already check this like before , but this is not what i'm looking for , I can use the redbook where I will find the same steps , which maybe not suits me , I'M kindly asking if someone summarized it in number of steps & briefly explaining each one .

fidel

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score

[email protected]

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi ,

First thing you need to understand while configuring TDP Oracle is , TSM is not only tool here that is used .

> RMAN ( recovery manager from ORACLE ) is the main backup tool which is used to backup oracle database.

> As far as RMAN is concerned TSM is simply a tape device that it uses to write data.

> What RMAN does is it knows and fully understands how oracle backup functions and takes backup of oracle database as per DB teams settings and uses TSM to write to it.

> So what TDP for oracle does is it emulates itself like a tape device so that RMAN can use TSM to write data to TSM's tapes and disk.

> The rest are all just configuration that you do as per TSM's runbook ( i know it looks like a big document but the actual configuration content is small )

Alnemer

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
thank you all for your responds, I will try & of course will get back to you in case I need more classifications .

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 61 61.0%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 8 8.0%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambug