Tdp gui opens very slowly on tsm 6.2

samiuri

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello,
I have TSM Server 6.2.1.0 installed on a Windows 2008 64bit and a TDP for Domino 5.5.2.0 installed on a Windows 2003.
The Domino DB manages about 2400 nsf files (all mails with size from 60 Mb till 10 Gb) and the backup runs every night, with a retention of 15 versions for 15 days; till a few days ago it was connected to another TSM Server 5.3.x.x on Windows 2003 and it hadn't had any problem. Actually the TDP runs good, has the same performance as before etc... The problem is when I have to do a restore: when I open the GUI and select "view active/inactive", it takes about 25 minutes before you can view the tree list, whilst before it took only 3/5 minutes... The same when the tree opens and I select one of the directories within nsf files, it takes further 5/7 minutes.
Is it normal on TSM Server 6.x.x.x? May it depend on the TSM DB that runs on DB2?? Or maybe are there any options to set on the server?

I attach the TSM Server configuration.
Please, tell me if you need further informations.

Thanks in advance for helping

Attachments

• dsmserv.opt.txt
    23.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Q_OPT.TXT
    5.1 KB · Views: 6
Hi.
If the problem occurs only when you connect to a particular tsm server. Then you should look at th TSM server datbase performance.
Start by looking at the log (Q LOG F=D ) and compare the output from the other TSM server. This might indicate a problem with the datbase. If you have not done a unload/

If you are viewing all inactive versions that could add some time due to population of items.

Hello evilution.
That's right, I know they' re a lot of files to be opened, but this is the same situation I had before on the older TSM Server version...where it tooks very less time to open the TDP GUI.

Anyway, thank you very much for helping.

Regards

Sam

quick question, how much physical memory you have on this newly installed tsm 6.2 on windows 2008 server?

thanks

Back