TDP for SQL installation error

adsm04

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
PREDATAR Control23

Hi I have installed TSM BA 5.5.1 with API - It opens fine
Installed 5.5.0 - TDP for SQL - Not able to open - give unable to initialize error. Tried to do a repair install still no luck. any suggestions please.
Windows 2003 X64 with SP2.

PREDATAR Control23

I'm having a similar problem,but...

I think it's about versions compatibility... I'm trying to review that and I suggest you to check that your TDP version works on 64 bits.
We appreciate any idea. Bye.

PREDATAR Control23

Hi there was an issue with client API, reinstalled API and rebooted the sever, working fine.

PREDATAR Control23

my problem is that sqlclient.lic is not open . Pleas e help me my tsm client is 5.5 and os win 2003

PREDATAR Control23

my problem is that sqlclient.lic is not open. Please help me my tsm client is 5.5 and os win 2003
Excuse me? Are you the original poster?

Consider starting a new thread with this different problem (the same problem that's not solved by the same solution that worked for the original poster is a different problem). Also, give us a little more explanation to work with. How and where did you find out sqlclient.lic is not open? What do you mean by that? Which part of the installation manual did you not follow?

PREDATAR Control23

i have install tsm for sql 5.5.2 after that i go stat -->program -->tivoli -->sql GUI

or command tdpsqlc.exe and tdpsqlc.cfg not run both error are same ( is open then error is sqlclient.lic can not open )
my sqlserve is 2008 and tsm client is 5.5 please tell me what is first install tsm clent then tdp for sql (this process is ok) both software are installed in sqlserver 2008
os is windows xp

PREDATAR Control23

daya,

Starts a new thread/post, this thread was started by "adsm04" and he/she has solved the problem (specifically to this thread).

PREDATAR Control23

Did you use licensed install media or the download from Passport Advantage, or did you download from ftp.software.ibm.com (or something from Boulder) and only install that? The maintenance/patch downloads (being updates only) do not seem to include the license.

Can you confirm or deny the sqlclient.lic files exists in the tsm/tdpsql/ directory? If it doesn't, there's your problem.

If I'm correct, this problem definitely deserves its own thread, so it can be found by people with the same problem.