TDP for sql DMZ issue

clexelc

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello guys,

i've an issue about a tdp sql installed on nodes behind a dmz, the problem is that i cannot open sockets toward tsm server from the dmz to the inside area where i have my tsm server. So i can only contact the ba client through the 1501 port that i can use fot fs backups. Now my question is:

how can i use the ba client scheduler in order to backup sql data using only the session opened by tsm server?

if it'snt possible, is there another way to solve this issue?

Regards.

clexelc

You can use the same TCP Port for backing up SQL data but it is not advisable.

What you can do is open another port, say 1502 for the TDP layer and specify this on the dsm.opt file for the SQL environment.

If Security objects, the argument is data protection and ask them to open the port for ONLY the IP address of the TSM Client. This can all be dome through ACL rules at the firewall part.

Thank you for your reply,

ok i could ask to do this at the firewall guy, if not possible, could i use the same session of the back-archive client through api (or something like?)

Regards.

Thank you for your reply,

ok i could ask to do this at the firewall guy, if not possible, could i use the same session of the back-archive client through api (or something like?)

Regards.

As I said, you can but not advisable.

If want to use the same TCP Port, specify this in the dsm.opt file for the TDP for SQL.

Yes, sorry for repeating, the point is that theese hosts have public ip addresses, so i could receive a denial from the security, so for this reason i should be able to backup using onle the session opened by tsm server. Is possible to do this with tdp sql?

Yes, sorry for repeating, the point is that theese hosts have public ip addresses, so i could receive a denial from the security, so for this reason i should be able to backup using onle the session opened by tsm server. Is possible to do this with tdp sql?

Just as I said, yes. Just put the TCP Port the BA Client is using on the dsm.opt file for TDP for SQL; just don't run the BA when TDP for SQL is running.

On another note, why don't you setup a private IP for firewall access and backup using a another NIC? This is a recommended Network procedure for any DMZ servers.

Back