TDP for SAP on DB2 Question

cheffern

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi -

I am backing up SAP on DB2 v 8.1 on AIX (64 bit) - userexit/logging is turned on for DB2 - I am using tdp_r3 on DB2 on AIX 64 bit - TDP version 5.3

(Note that I am not using the DB2 Log Manager as my db2level is only fixpack 6 on v 8.1)

My concern is about the database backups versus the archive logs -

Right now I am backing up the database using 'db2 backup db SID online load <libtdp...>'

That works fine -

But is it really true that to back up the archive logs I need a second job/schedule to run 'brarchive -sd -d tsm ....'?

If anyone else has set this up, kindly let me know.

I think that the database backup call should be picking up the logs on its own - as there is a BRARCHIVE setup as follows in the initSID.utl file:

BRBACKUPMGTCLASS DB_DATA_MGMT_CLASS

BRARCHIVEMGTCLASS DB_LOG_MGMT_CLASS

Thanks in advance for your comments & replies! -Or if I should provide any more info.

-Chris

For anyone who may run across this in the future - it does seem that you use 'db2 backup db' to backup the database, then 'brarchive' for the logfiles.

You can view these in the SAP GUI - trans DB12.

:confused: But I do have a new ? - using trans DB12 in the SAP GUI -

While we can view the userexit and logs, and can see the db backups that are run as 'db2 backup db SID online use TSM' -

We cannot see the backups that have been run as 'db2 backup db SID online load /the_tdp_library'

Has anyone else seen this yet?

Thanks! :)

Back