1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

TDP for SAP on DB2 Question

Discussion in 'TDP/Application Layer Backup' started by cheffern, Mar 9, 2005.

1. cheffern

cheffern Senior Member

TSM Admin / Database & SAP Admin
    Hi -

I am backing up SAP on DB2 v 8.1 on AIX (64 bit) - userexit/logging is turned on for DB2 - I am using tdp_r3 on DB2 on AIX 64 bit - TDP version 5.3

(Note that I am not using the DB2 Log Manager as my db2level is only fixpack 6 on v 8.1)

My concern is about the database backups versus the archive logs -

Right now I am backing up the database using 'db2 backup db SID online load <libtdp...>'

That works fine -

But is it really true that to back up the archive logs I need a second job/schedule to run 'brarchive -sd -d tsm ....'?

If anyone else has set this up, kindly let me know.

I think that the database backup call should be picking up the logs on its own - as there is a BRARCHIVE setup as follows in the initSID.utl file:

BRBACKUPMGTCLASS DB_DATA_MGMT_CLASS

BRARCHIVEMGTCLASS DB_LOG_MGMT_CLASS

Thanks in advance for your comments & replies! -Or if I should provide any more info.

-Chris

3. cheffern

cheffern Senior Member

TSM Admin / Database & SAP Admin
    For anyone who may run across this in the future - it does seem that you use 'db2 backup db' to backup the database, then 'brarchive' for the logfiles.

You can view these in the SAP GUI - trans DB12.

:confused: But I do have a new ? - using trans DB12 in the SAP GUI -

While we can view the userexit and logs, and can see the db backups that are run as 'db2 backup db SID online use TSM' -

We cannot see the backups that have been run as 'db2 backup db SID online load /the_tdp_library'

Has anyone else seen this yet?

Thanks! :)