TDP for Oracle on linux issue

tsmlover

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
hello,

I am trying to install TDP for oracle on linux server using command line tha CD that I have has the foler Linux86_64 that has all .bin files there is no rpm file ,

when i run this command ./TDP-Oracle.x86_64 on linux command line i got the following error:

The wizard cannot continue because of the following error: could not load wizard specified in /wizard.inf (104)
WARNING: could not delete temporary file /tmp/ismp001/3706019
WARNING: could not delete temporary file /tmp/ismp001/9762299

please help me out how can i install TDP for Oracle using bin files

Hi,

just a quick shot - have you tried to run the binary with the switch "-console"

Harry

Hi Tsmlover.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought the ftp site had rpms as well. Could it be a java problem? Needs java 1.4.2 minimum if i am not mistaken. # java -version to see what you are running...
What Linux are you installing this onto?

linux 5 for oracle 64 bit on it i want to install TDP agent for oracle but i dont have RPM.

hello

the below link contains Bin files i need RPM of TDP oracle for linux, plz let me know where can i get this ?

Last edited:
Hello, could you solve this problem?

hello

the below link contains Bin files i need RPM of TDP oracle for linux, plz let me know where can i get this ?

Hello, I'm doing the same configuration (TDP Oracle) over Linux Red Hat and I have bin file instead of rpm... did you get the way to install it?

Thanks for your help.

Hello, I'm doing the same configuration (TDP Oracle) over Linux Red Hat and I have bin file instead of rpm... did you get the way to install it?

Thanks for your help.

Java version was the problem, it works with 1.4.2 . Thanks.

hi everyone... i'm having the same problem. unable to execute the below

./5.4.1.0-TIV-TSMORA-LinuxX64.bin

The wizard cannot continue because of the following error: could not load wizard specified in /wizard.inf (104)
WARNING: could not delete temporary file /tmp/ismp001/7893598
WARNING: could not delete temporary file /tmp/ismp001/5713439

any clues? checked the java version its 1.4.2 looking fine. but not sure why it cannot load?

hi everyone... i'm having the same problem. unable to execute the below

./5.4.1.0-TIV-TSMORA-LinuxX64.bin

WARNING: could not delete temporary file /tmp/ismp001/7893598
WARNING: could not delete temporary file /tmp/ismp001/5713439

any clues? checked the java version its 1.4.2 looking fine. but not sure why it cannot load?

tried running it in console mode?

./5.4.1.0-TIV-TSMORA-LinuxX64.bin -console

hi Stephen, thanks for replying

tried with the '-console' still having the same error.

any other clues? re-installing java sdk?

When you start the install, it displays something along the lines of "verifying java" or something similar. Does it say that it does not find it?

I am guessing, that from your prompt you are able to run "java -version" for example? You are installing as root also?

When you start the install, it displays something along the lines of "verifying java" or something similar. Does it say that it does not find it?

I am guessing, that from your prompt you are able to run "java -version" for example? You are installing as root also?

No. It didn't mention it unable to find it. It ran halfway and then the error msg.
Yes Java was installed by root and with 777 privileges.

You are installing the TDP as root as well correct? This TDP installs itself under /opt. Full system is not full is it? (stupid question, but it has to be asked... :) )

Also, is the TSM backup client already installed? BA should be installed prior to installing the TDP. Sorry for the basic questions, but just so we are all on the same page and clear about your problem...

You are installing the TDP as root as well correct? This TDP installs itself under /opt. Full system is not full is it? (stupid question, but it has to be asked... :) )

Also, is the TSM backup client already installed? BA should be installed prior to installing the TDP. Sorry for the basic questions, but just so we are all on the same page and clear about your problem...

no worries. Checked. space is sufficient. i'm installing thru root. :)

yes ba should be installed prior to TDP.

[root@ linux86_64]# ./5.4.1.0-TIV-TSMORA-LinuxX64.bin

Initializing Wizard........
Launching InstallShield Wizard........

WARNING: could not delete temporary file /tmp/ismp001/5247695
WARNING: could not delete temporary file /tmp/ismp001/642682

[root@ linux86_64]#

Still hitting the same error. anyone can lend a hand?

Linux 2.6.18-194.3.1.el5 #1 SMP 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Back