TDP for oracle backup to disk storage pool and then to tape using migration

kitkat

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I am going to configure TDP for oracle backups on disk storage pool and post that planning to migrate it to tape using tape pool as next storage pool

When asked about restoration, I am confused how iit will happen if data gets migrated to tape from disk.

Is the restoration happen from tape if we start the RMAN restore using TDP for oracle ? Is TSM will mount the tape if the data is migrated to tape from disk ?

/Thanks,

Hello Guys,

I am going to configure TDP for oracle backups on disk storage pool and post that planning to migrate it to tape using tape pool as next storage pool

When asked about restoration, I am confused how iit will happen if data gets migrated to tape from disk.

Is the restoration happen from tape if we start the RMAN restore using TDP for oracle ? Is TSM will mount the tape if the data is migrated to tape from disk ?

/Thanks,

Short answer: Yes.

Hello Guys,

/Thanks,

To add, the data that has been moved to tape will be restored from tape AND NOT be transferred to disk during the restore.

In other words, data is restored directly from tape.

Back