TDP for Domino Scheduler Configuration

dcz01

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Hello together,

i have an complicated or not question...
i know how to install an scheduler for the tdp for domino client with the tsm client utility dsmcutil.
and i always divide the two nodes on the tsm server. one for the normal client and one for tdp.
but if i do so, the two are showing in tsm for platform winnt... how can i configure the schedule(r) or the client (tdp) or server for showing me that this is an tdp domino?
i know that it can show it to me as tdp application or tdp domino... i think this is also very important for the internal tsm licensing or not?

Do you have 2 different nodes names - one for the BA Client and one for the TDP client? You must also have two different dsm.opt files for each client and that the schedulers defined for each should point to the right dsm.opt file.

I am suspecting that you are talking about the "q node" out put.

Node Name: Client1
Platform: WinNT <-

Bad news.
The "platform" parameter is informational.
The parameter indicate the operating system of the client node, as of the last time that the client node contacted the server.

We can not change the "platform" parameter.
Take a look at the "register node" and "update node" command, there is no such parameter as "platform".

Also the TDP does not communicate directly to the TSM Server.
The TDP communicate with the TSM Server via the TSM API.
It is the TSM API that the TSM Server see.

If you want to be able to id a TDP node, use something like TDPDOM-XXXX
as a prefix ie: TDPDOM-ACCOUNTING.

Good Luck,
Sias

but if i do so, the two are showing in tsm for platform winnt... how can i configure the schedule(r) or the client (tdp) or server for showing me that this is an tdp domino?
Like Sias said, that gives you the platform name of the last time that node connected. So immediately after configuring the scheduler, that would be contacted by the client. Once you perform a TDP backup, that will change.
i know that it can show it to me as tdp application or tdp domino... i think this is also very important for the internal tsm licensing or not?
That is true, but not based on the platform of the node, but on the filespace type which will show as "API:Domino Data".

when i connect to the tsm server to test the connection with the tdp client it shows me the right setting in the server:
upload_2016-3-8_8-57-7.png

upload_2016-3-8_9-0-19.png

but if the scheduler starts or querys for new schedules it goes back to winnt at both...
how can i hold this so? any idea? or could this be managed through the tsm schedules?

As LED888 already mentioned, platform value is just informational. If you insist on keeping WINTEST_DOMINO platform type TDP Domino WIN64, you need to avoid using same node for scheduling and storing data by TDP.
You need to create another node, ie. WINTEST_DOMINO_SCHED, set up scheduler for this node on server WINTEST, set up schedules for Domino backups on this node. The only exception is the command - it needs to use dsm.opt file for WINTEST_DOMINO node.

well i haven't any requirements here... it was just an question for information.
if it doesn't have to do with licensing or something else, its no longer important and i will ignore it.
the backups are running well and restore is also possible... so nothing to change then.
but thanks a lot.

Back