TDP error ACO5716W API inicialization rc = 610

CarlosJ

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I just have installed TSM BA Client 5.5 and TDP 5.3.3 for SQL over a Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 (SQL 2005) and when I try SQL Client GUI there is the message " ACO5716W An error was encountered with Tivoli Storage Manager API inicialization, rc = 610. Examine the dsierror.log for more information or determine if the TSM API is installed properly." First of all dsierror.log doesn't exist, I have restarted the server and installed first TDP and after TSM BA Client (from other similar thread) but the problem continues. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Hi Carlosj

Check dscenu.txt is found in C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\api
If not just copy from C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient and try again.

Aroon

do a repair of the TSM ba client 5.5 this is a bug when intalling TDP 5.3.3 since the password registry is not a the same place.

Since is a SQL2005 database... why intall 5.3.3? you could install TDP 5.5.2?

You can find it in the IBM FTP site in

/storage/tivoli-storage-management/maintenance/tivoli-data-protection/ntsql/v552

Last edited:
It worked! Thank you very much! :)

Hi Carlosj

Check dscenu.txt is found in C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\api
If not just copy from C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient and try again.

Aroon

Hi Aroon, I had done that solution before and it didn't work but this time it does :)
After that, I have the error ACO5423E but I read another thread about it and the solution was a patch from ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/t.../sql/v521/x32/
Thank you very much!

Right solution

Wipet is right in his message.
Done an install of TDP SQL 5.2.1.0 on a fresh W2K3 SP2 running SQL 2000 SP4, having a yet running BA Client 5.5.1 and encountered the same problem.

In french, the error output is:
06.04.2009 10:16:40 ACO5716W Une erreur est survenue lors de l'initialisation de l'API de Tivoli Storage Manager ; code retour = 610.

Done a repair of the TSM ba client 5.5 to rid off this bug.

Back