bramsd

Newcomer
Reaction score
Domino 5.0.8 - Win2k - SP1

TDP Domino 5.1.5.01

API 5.1.5

Server 5.1.5 - NT4.0 SP 6

Backup of closed databases is OK.

But when trying to backup open databases (like admin4.nsf or other databases opened by users) domdsm.log always receive the following message:

"Backup failed. This database is currently in use by someone else. In order to share a Notes database, all users must use a Domino server instead of a file server."

I already stop the server service on w2k and the antivirus protection. Also checked NTFS security.

Someone have another idea ?

Didier Brams

Logix Benelux

[email protected]

I have the same problem and i really don't know what to do....

Someone can help us ??

thanks....

Make sure you are logged on to the console. You cannot run the Domino backup from a remote login.

Let me know if that helps.

Nettie Kinison

Great nkinison,

I did that and it worked fine, thanks man !! But let'me know another thing......some database when is backuped up show the file size(bytes) as 0, but otherwise some database has yours file size(bytes) showed correctly and backup of closed databases is OK.

But when trying to backup open databases (like admin4.nsf or other databases opened by users) domdsm.log always receive the following message:

"Backup failed. This database is currently in use by someone else. In order to share a Notes database, all users must use a Domino server instead of a file server."

I already stop the server service on w2k and the antivirus protection. Also checked NTFS security.

Do you know or someone knows why does it happen ?

Thanks again!!

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>Make sure you are logged on to the console. You cannot run the Domino backup from a remote login.

Let me know if that helps.

Nettie Kinison

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

It seeem that it really works if you logon at the console.

Back