TDP 7.1 with Exchange 2013 Backup Deletion

ritterpa

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi all,
I'm setting up TDP 7.1 on Exchange 2013, and I'm now trying to delete the test fulls I did while working on scheduling. I'm having a problem getting rid of them. I have 4 servers in the environment, mail5 through mail8, and each of those has a B/A node named for the server, and then I have a separate node called exc2013 for the Exchange backups. For databases, I have 4 named mdb5 through mdb8. I have an active copy of mdb5 on mail5, and a passive on mail6, active of mdb6 on mail6 and passive on 5, and similarly for mdb7 and mdb8 on mail7 and mail8. When I get on mail8 and show all backups in FlashCopy Manager, it will show me several fulls for all mdbs, but if I try to delete fulls (by right clicking and selecting Delete Backup) of say, mdb5 that originated from the passive copy on mdb6, it will give me an acn5820e error "There were no Exchange backups found on the Tivoli Storage Manager server matching the specified criteria." If I then try to delete fulls of mdb7 that originated from the passive copy on mail8, the operation completes successfully.

I am able to do this successfully from a Powershell window on mail8 by running
Code:
Remove-DpExcBackup mdb7 -OBJect 20140114160530 -full -FromExcServer mail7
, which is almost the same as the FCM command, but I added the -FromExcServer mail7 myself.

I'm wondering if anyone else can try this and confirm that it's a bug in the FCM generated command, or if anyone can point me to a possible misconfiguration that would cause this error?