1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

TDP 6.3 SQL Cluster - Config file location???

Discussion in 'Microsoft SQL Server' started by booman55, Aug 9, 2012.

1. booman55

booman55 Member

For a SQL cluster it's recommended that you put the configuration files in a shared resource. How do you configure the TDP GUI to recognize this. If you move them out of C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPSql\ it will run the wizard again when you initiate the GUI.

IBM's rather lame documentation doesn't show you how to have Flashcopy Manager Console pickup alternate path for tdpsql.cfg and dsm.opt files.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

3. moon-buddy

moon-buddy Moderator

Electronics Engineer, Security Professional
    Simple - when launching the GUI, point to the location of the cluster OPT file.

tdpsql /optfile=<whatever/location>

(not sure if tdpsql is the command to launch the GUI but you can find out)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  4. booman55

booman55 Member

Thanks for the reply. I've tried using the older methods of doing this, but the new TDP GUI is now flashcopy manager, so these options don't seem to work.

5. moon-buddy

moon-buddy Moderator

Electronics Engineer, Security Professional
    I don't know how this works out with Flashcopy.

6. booman55

booman55 Member

I found a Flashcopy Manager User and Install Guide and in the reference section it says you can use /CONFIGfile= and /FCMOPTfile= parameters to point to alternate paths for files. This was using the tdpsqlc, but I'm assuming it would be the same for the GUI...then again with IBM all bets are off.

7. booman55

booman55 Member

Update: The above parameters don't appear to be valid for the GUI interface.