TBMR - Failed to update boot files

lindi

Newcomer
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi,

I'm testing Cristie's Software TBMR at the moment.

The first test was to recover an image to an identical computer (Source and target systems are workstations, not server. Operating system of the image is Windows XP.).
Shortly before the end there were the following messages on the recovery screen:
Copying boot files... Success
Failed to update BOOT files

Anyway the system was booting normally! So I thought the failed-message maybe is not so serious.

But now the second test is not successfull. The target is now to recover the image to a different hardware. I run the manual recovery wizard and the step before "Dissimilar Hardware Wizard" ends with the error message again and it's not possible to finish the process:
Copying boot files... Success

Can anyone tell me what is done during the update-Boot-files-step in detail? Does somebody know the problem? What can I do? I can't find anything to this error message in the documentation or via Google.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Greetings, Lydia.

PREDATAR Control23

Hi Lydia,

I suggest you contact Cristie Software support, who have an excellent reputation for solving issues like this even during the 30-day trial period. They will however require you to send them log files of the recovery to help them diagnose the problem.

Contact them them at [email protected]

PREDATAR Control23

Hello,

I only want to give a short feedback.

In fact at that time I contacted the Cristie support. They were really helpful and guided me through several recovery scenarios (with different test hardware) and had a look at the log files. I also got an upgraded Version of TBMR (to 6.4.2). After that the "Failed to update Boot files"-message did not appear again. In addition it was difficult to find a matching driver respectively to install it successfully. But we could solve all the problems.

Greetings, Lydia.