• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

Suse On power -TSM client

Bharanij

ADSM.ORG Member
Hi guys,

iam trying to install Tsm 8.1 Cleint os suse( LinuxPPc) on IBM Power server, when i download package it only have APi dose not have baclient. now what should ? will api help to run backup with out BAlcient?

Rdgs,
Bharani

Bharanij

ADSM.ORG Member
Hi Marclant,

Thank you for the reply,

i want to take backup from suse(LinuxPPC) is it ok with API installed? if i configure scheduler in TSMserver will client run with out baclient? there is not package for Baclient in big endian architecture.

Thankyou in advance.

Rdgs,
Bharani

marclant

ADSM.ORG Moderator

Bharanij

ADSM.ORG Member
hi marclant,

thank you for the reply,

client using sap hana and taking backup using hana backup studio and put that backup file on mount point now tsm need to take that backup and put in tape drive

now how do i process ? with out ba client

Thankyou in advance

Rdgs,
Bharani

marclant

ADSM.ORG Moderator
client using sap hana and taking backup using hana backup studio and put that backup file on mount point now tsm need to take that backup and put in tape drive

now how do i process ? with out ba client
Use Spectrum Protect Data Protection for SAP HANA (if available, I did not look up the requirements). Or use the 7.1 Baclient.

Bharanij

ADSM.ORG Member
ba client 7.1 communicate 8.1 TSM server ? i have installed api 8.1 so it will work or do i need to install same version of ba client ?

Mita201

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
You may use 7.x clients with 8.1 server - no problem.
It look like there will be no new BA clients for Linux on POWER Big Endian, only for LE. So, you have to use older client. But, it will work just as fine as new.

Manos

Active Newcomer
The latest i found is LinuxPPC 7.1.6 which has both ba and api
I used that with Data Protection for SAP HANA 8.1.0.0

If you do not want the BA client then there is LinuxPPC big Endian API 8.1 but it will install only the api and will not install with 7.1.6 BA

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 4 10.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexp36