Supported clients for server replication

DavrosDalek

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

We have two Spectrum Protect servers (8.1.6.000) in 2 sites, one is located in our primary site where all of the backup clients are located (ba & sql tdp mainly) and the other is located in a dr site, both are connected together using a 10GB network.

We run a daily replication job between these servers. We are also using container pools these days. We are currently making changes to all of our BA and SQL TDP clients for other reasons and i have noticed that not all of the options files have been updated by the server for replication.

Normally the dsm.opt has lines inserted at the top of the file by the server, something like.

*** The following replication server connection information is automatically updated
*** These options should not be changed manually
REPLSERVERNAME *********
REPLTCPSERVERADDRESS ****************************
REPLTCPPORT ****
REPLSERVERGUID ****************************
REPLSSLPORT ****

MYREPLICATIONServer *********
MYPRIMARYServername *********
*** end of automatically updated options

This is missing on some of our servers options files and i was thinking it might be due to a client version ?

Does anybody know the oldest client version that works with replication ? I'm having difficulty finding this info out on IBM's website.

Currently for various reasons we have a mix of client version ranging from 5.5.1.6 to 8.1.9.0 at the moment. :rolleyes:

Craig

All clients can be replicated. Clients older than 7.1 don't support automatic client failover to the target replication server because they are not aware of replication. You can still replicate them, in the event that the source server is out of commission, you will just need to manually point older clients to the target in order to do restores, then back to the source when the source is back online.

Back