Strange Tape-Handling with TSM 4.2 and LTO

stidge

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hello,

I have a strange effect with two tapes in my library. All began with the message "Can´t get vol ma0055 for Storagepool Backup. Vol ma0055 is offline or destroyed". The status of the tape was accessible and read/write (q vol ma0055 f=d). A move data resulted in mounting tape ma0030 and (after 1 hour) dismounting the tape with the message: "Can´t access vol ma0055. A label problem? Not really. A checkout of vol ma0055 resulted in a checkout of vol ma0055??! Any idea? My "workaround" is to expire the datas on both tapes and to delete them from TSM before to make a newly checkin...

Thanks

Stidge :confused:

Hi Stidge?

One question. Does tape ma0055 belong to a primary tapepool or a backup copypool? If it belongs to a backup copypool you should be able to delete the data from the tape and rerun the copypool backup. Otherwise, expiring the files on the tapes should work. Instead of checking the tape in as a scratch volume I would re-label the tape in as a scratch with an overwrite=yes. I've found problems with simply checking tapes back in as scratch after an error.

I hope this is what you looking for.

kgreen :)

Thanks (ma0055 belongs to a primary tapepool), but the problem is solved by a simple server restart - tapes are available, move data no problem. ... :grin:

Back