strange result running command in scripts

pfviv

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi.

On our library manager I am running this command. all:query process and I'l get answer from all 7 servers

When I doing it from a console [root@sym0 adm]# dsmadmc -id=user -password=passwd all:query process I'l
get answer from all 7 servers.

My problem is when I am doing this from inside a script I am only geting result from 2 servers. The command is

PROCESSES_ACTIVE=`dsmadmc -id=$TSM_ADMIN -password=$TSM_PASSWORD all:query process`

ANS8000I Server command: '\''all:query process'\''
ANR1699I Resolved ALL to 2 server(s) - issuing command QUERY PROCESS against server(s).

Anny idea's?

Need more info: Please ask.

Sorry for my terrible English

Ivan

Hi.

Anyone?
The error is in our TSM Disaster Recovery script, so I'm only getting raport from 2 of 7 tsmservers.

Ivan

I see when you run it via the console you are "root". When you run it as a script is it also root and/or does it have the same TSM environment variable values as when you run it manually? If not you might be connecting to a different TSM server that also has a servergroup called "all", but with only two members.

Hi

Tanks for the replay.

You are right, it did connect to the wrong server. Changed some options in "dsm.sys" and it works fin now.

Ivan

Back