• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

Strange Maintenance script issue with Protect pool/replicate node

DavrosDalek

ADSM.ORG Member
Hi Guys

I have moved to container storage and modified my maintenance script to suit, i am replicating to another tsm server in a remote site.

My maintenance script looks like this

/* ---------------------------------------------------- */

/*
/* Script Name: MAINTENANCE
/* Storage Pool Protection
/* Node replication */
/* Backup database, device config and volhist */
/* Audit licenses and prepare recovery plan*/
/* Expire Inventory
/* ---------------------------------------------------- */
/* Run script commands in serial mode */
SERIAL
/*
/* Storage Pool Protection
PROTECT STGPOOL PRIMARY_POOL
/*
/* Node replication
REPLicate Node * Wait=Yes
/*
/* Delete previous backup volume history. Keep 14 days of dbbackup history.
delete volhistory type=DBBackup todate=today-14
/*
/* Backup database, device config and volhistory */
backup db type=full devc=dbfulldevc scratch=yes wait=yes
/* Backup Config Files */

backup devconf
backup volh
/* Audit Licenses */
audit license wait=yes
/* Write DR plan out to DRM recovery plan location */
prepare planprefix=Q:\E3TSM01\DRPLAN\
/* Expire inventory */
expire inventory dur=120

/* END */

If i run a preview i get this

ANR1461I RUN: Executing command script IBM--TEMPORARY--SCRIPT++TEST.

ANR1466I RUN: Command script IBM--TEMPORARY--SCRIPT++TEST, Line 55 : SERIAL.
ANR1466I RUN: Command script IBM--TEMPORARY--SCRIPT++TEST, Line 115 : backup db type=full devc=dbfulldevc scratch=yes wait=yes.
ANR1466I RUN: Command script IBM--TEMPORARY--SCRIPT++TEST, Line 125 : backup devconf.
ANR1466I RUN: Command script IBM--TEMPORARY--SCRIPT++TEST, Line 130 : backup volh.
ANR1466I RUN: Command script IBM--TEMPORARY--SCRIPT++TEST, Line 140 : audit license wait=yes.
ANR1466I RUN: Command script IBM--TEMPORARY--SCRIPT++TEST, Line 150 : prepare planprefix=Q:\E3TSM01\DRPLAN\.
ANR1466I RUN: Command script IBM--TEMPORARY--SCRIPT++TEST, Line 160 : expire inventory dur=120.

ANR1470I RUN: Command script IBM--TEMPORARY--SCRIPT++TEST completed successfully (PREVIEW mode).

If i pipe the command to a txt file i get this

ANR0984I Process 73 for Database Backup started in the FOREGROUND at 15:13:04.
ANR4559I Backup DB is in progress.
ANR2280I Full database backup started as process 73.
ANR4626I Database backup will use 1 streams for processing with the number originally requested 1.
ANR4550I Full database backup (process 73) completed. Total bytes backed up: 54,791,241,728.
ANR0985I Process 73 for Database Backup running in the FOREGROUND completed with completion state SUCCESS at 15:26:50.
ANR2394I BACKUP DB: Server device configuration information was written to all device configuration files.
ANR2394I BACKUP DEVCONFIG: Server device configuration information was written to all device configuration files.
ANR2463I BACKUP VOLHISTORY: Server sequential volume history information was written to all configured history files.
ANR2817I AUDIT LICENSES: License audit started as process 74.
ANR1462I RUN: Command script MAINTENANCE completed successfully.

My Storage Pool Protection (PROTECT STGPOOL PRIMARY_POOL) and Node replication (REPLicate Node * Wait=Yes) doesn't run.

I have tried adding wait=yes after the PROTECT STGPOOL PRIMARY_POOL command as well.

Anybody got a clue as to why ?

If i run another script with the commands in them they run fine.

Help ! :eek:

Craig

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 53 60.9%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 7 8.0%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
srinathkodela