Storing TSM's backup data in cloud

karthikm2

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I would like to know whether data backed up by TSM can be stored in the storage space available in cloud.

Is there a possibility in TSM to re-direct the data backed up to a IP address or URL.

Thanks in advance.. :)

Regards,
Karthik

If by IP address, and the IP address presents itself as a NFS mount AND this is a permanent allocation, then it would be possible through devclass=file.

JUST make sure that everytime TSM is rebooted, the NFS mount point is available.

I don't think via URL is possible UNLESS it can be presented as, again, a NFS mount.

i tried that, but it didn't work. some software mount doesn't get reflected in the diskpart in windows. tsm uses the windows api to identify the disk and some softwares that mount cloud storage don't register the volume in diskpart... a bit strange. don't how it gets shown as a volume "z:" but doesn't appear in diskpart.... is there a particular application you use to make this happen?

Hi ,

Any update on this , We need to put our data around 5 PB data to the cloud for long term storage , as we are going to decommission the TSM servers , How could we integrate the TSM with cloud .

Thanks

tsmbuddy

Back