Storagepool containers going Unavailable

blankgap

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a problem with one of my TSM backupservers (v8.1.5; Windows)

The second night in a row, containers on a certain storagepool are going to state "Unavailable", logging these messages:

KUKBKP01 ALERT at 07/24/2019 23:46:19 for message: ANR0204I The container state for C:\TSM_DISKPOOLS\conpool_17\7e\01\0000000000017e02.dcf is updated from AVAILABLE to UNAVAILABLE.

KUKBKP01 ALERT at 07/24/2019 23:46:20 for message: ANR3660E An unexpected error occured while opening or writing to the container. Container C:\TSM_DISKPOOLS\conpool_17\7e\01\0000000000017e02.dcf in stgpool CONPOOL has been marked as UNAVAILABLE and should be audited to validate accessibility and content.

This happens until my storagepool is 100% full and all backups fail.

Yesterday i did the following:
- I updated the stgpooldirectories with access=readwrite
- I ran the following command: "audit container stgpooldir=C:\TSM_DISKPOOLS\conpool_11 stgpool=conpool" to audit all stgpooldirectories, finishing successfully.

Any answer would be appreciated!

Was there an anti-virus scan running at the time?
If not, have you check the Windows event logs to see if there may be an issue with the file system?

Good Luck,
Sias

Hi,

We had the same issue(not on windows). But it has not resurfaced after update. Currently running 8.1.7

If you can, update to a later level.

Trident

Hi,

thank you for your answers.
After running PerfMon (PerformanceMonitor) over the night I noticed some messages indicating a memory shortage when a greater amount of backups start. I have now upgraded the server memory from 64GB to 128GB. If this does not solve the issue I will upgrade to 8.1.7.

Thanks again.

Back