Storage Pool Growth Report

ILCattivo

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have one particular ISP Server which is only being monitored by the OC and no other fancy 3rd party system.

I need to know a way of generating a report / figures of how much a Container Storage pool has or is growing over the course of a period of time? Say last 12 months for example...

Not particularly looking for charts but possibly a SQL script for something that provides me with the stg pool capacity figures at a point in time for each month, as a figure (GB). From there I can identify how much we need to increase storage pool capacity by for the next 12 months etc..

Anyone got a script please which might produce the output that I'm looking for?

Thanks

Hi,

You won't be able to get that from the database because it doesn't keep historical data of that nature that long. At least not at the present time.

You could run a script outside Spectrum Protect periodically (weekly, monthly) to query the server and output to a .csv file you could read with Excel:

dsmadmc -id=admin -pa=***** -comma "select date(current_date) as DATE,tsmgui_allcli_grid.* from tsmgui_allcli_grid" >> /path/stgpool-usage.csv

Might not be a bad idea to edit the .csv file once to put the column headings on top, you could get them by running the query by itself from the server.

Thanks marclant, I feared as much..

Luckily for me I had setup the OC licensing capacity reports to email me weekly, so just grabbed the back end figures from those for the last year (Monthly) to plot a growth graph within a csv file. Gives me a good indication of what I need to add for the next year or so capacity wise.

cheers.

Back