Storage Agent error

jcabrera

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I encountered an error on my Storage Agent, could anyone explain what and how is this error occur?and how to solve this one.

ANR0444W Protocol error on session 31 for node () - out-of-sequence verb (type CSSchedPing) received.
ANR0421W Session 31 for node () refused - sign-on protocol violation.

thank you very much

What ever happened?

Did you ever resolve this issue? We are running into the same problem in our shop.

Thanks.
Gerry.

yes, i have resolved the problem. i reconfigured the storage agent and finally the backup worked out. im not sure what really happened, so i decided to reconfigure my setup.

please try to use the other scheduling strategy. the client should be the one to initiate the backup. I think the server cannot trigger the scheduler that is why there is a CSSchedPing error. if you have other questions you may contact me using my ym id: opoygalapong im always online. try using the polling instead of prompted schedule mode.

Last edited:
Yes, just saw this - for the record (and for anyone else who Googles on this in future), make sure that the high level address of the Storage Agent as defined on the TSM Server (DEFINE SERVER XYZ-STA HLA=xxx) is resolvable and ping-able from the TSM Server. If it isn't, you'll get out-of-sequence verb errors of this type.

/DMc,
London

Back