Stopping and starting a move data for a large collocation group?

RecoveryOne

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Everyone,
So, I've made a short sighted mistake and didn't properly setup collocation groups for a subset of nodes. These nodes have anywhere from 40 to 200Tb of data on tape in a primary pool. As you can guess, other clients have data on said tape (all clients using this pool are part of a group now) and I've a fair number of tapes that are not efficiently used due to other clients expiring data. These large nodes generally don't expire much if at all.
These tapes are below my reclamation threshold. I know that reclamation will take into account of the collocation settings, but I really don't want to set my threshold down to 40's for LTO6 volumes. I'd like to pick one group at a time.

My question is if I stop a move nodedata collocgroup=group within the same stgpool and then restart it later on, will it attempt to move data from volumes it previously full volumes for that collocgroup, or will it skip them?

My apologies if this has been asked before. I looked at various threads here and all seem to say let spacerec sort it out if you can, or move nodedata if you need it now. Nothing about canceling and starting up a move nodedata process.

Thanks everyone!

Good question. I have a feeling that it will skip tapes that only contains data from that node or nodegroup.

Good question. I have a feeling that it will skip tapes that only contains data from that node or nodegroup.
That is what I was thinking to, however don't really have a good way or small node to track that right now. And well...if it doesn't then...ouch!

Back