stop a running schedule

toneysamuel

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
PREDATAR Control23

how can a stop a scheduled which has already started at its scheduled time. Because of some reason i have to stop it. i don,t want to expire this schedule by any reason.

PREDATAR Control23

Update the schedule with a new start date and then cancel any client sessions that have already started.

For example, update schedule (schedule_name) startdate=01/01/2050

This will keep the schedule defined, but it wont run any more backups until 2050, which by then you should either have any problems fixed or have a new job and not have to worry about it anymore. :grin:

-Aaron

PREDATAR Control23

in my case the problem is that i have a sun server and i have installed both tdp for oracle and BA client on it and there is a schedule for rman on it, i have noticed that when rman backup starts the clients oracle application goes very slow because the sun server is too old and it is a dual processor machine which 250 mhz processor. so in this case what can be done if i want to stop a schedule which has already started rman backup using tdp

PREDATAR Control23

sorry but i dont understand clearly,

do you have two different Scheduler for your two different backup (TDP, BA)?

just for Info , if you want to cancel a backup or else which is launch by the tsm Scheduler, just restart the scheduler and that will "severed the connection" and will get the next backup schedule...

hope it s help :rolleyes:

PREDATAR Control23

It's not like two schedule started at the same time. the rman schedule has started i need to stop it in the mid way because i am facing a performance problem. I just want to know how to kill a schedule after it has started.

PREDATAR Control23

It's not like two schedule started at the same time. the rman schedule has started i need to stop it in the mid way because i am facing a performance problem. I just want to know how to kill a schedule after it has started.

hi,
you can cancel by two ways

1) by using the command "query session"
find the session established to your tdp server and by using the
"cancel session <session-no>" you can cancel it

2) if you have access to your TDP server check for your dsmc process and
kill the process.

PREDATAR Control23

Since we have a TDP and a B/A Client, and we want to prevent the TDP schedule backup from occuring. Why not just stop the TDP schedule daemon.
The schedule on the TSM Server will still be define.

When we want the TDP schedule to run, stat the schedule daemon.

Good luck,
Sias

PREDATAR Control23

Since we have a TDP and a B/A Client, and we want to prevent the TDP schedule backup from occuring. Why not just stop the TDP schedule daemon.
The schedule on the TSM Server will still be define.

When we want the TDP schedule to run, stat the schedule daemon.

Good luck,
Sias

Good move if you are not monitoring for failed/missed backups as part of management statistical requirements.

PREDATAR Control23

i m new to tsm
i m using tsm v5.5
i m facing
error 52 establishing TSM API session
ANS1396E access to the specified log or trace file (dsierror.log) is denied

while creating scheduler

PREDATAR Control23

i m new to tsm
i m using tsm v5.5
i m facing
error 52 establishing TSM API session