STK L180 slot expansion

ESK30

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
We have recently upgraded our STK L180 library from 80 to 140 slots. The library recognizes the slots, but when we try to checkin more than 80 tapes TSM says the library is full. Is there somewhere in TSM where the # of tapes/slots is configured? Or how do we send the audit report from the library to TSM server? We have TSM version 3.7 aix unix--in the process of upgrading soon..... Thanks in advance

I think you have to re-define the library. That's what I normally do at least

Checkout (without removing) the libvolumes

Remove drives/library

Define library/drives

Checkin libvolumes

Hope this helps.... :)

Thanks for the info, makes perfect sense--just for giggles, what happens if you remove the tapes after checking them out? Or if you just leave them checked in? will they be lost? Could this affect the data on the tapes or the database? Thanks again

Nothing happens if you physically check them out - other than you have to do some physical work - which I normally try to avoid :grin:

But TSM doesn't care if they are in the same place - so do whatever you feel like.....

Just a note, you don't have to check the volumes out before removing the library definition, as the library inventory is linked to the library definition, remoing that definition also removes the inventory all at once. Then you can redefine and run your checkins. also note, is checking in with search=yes, checking status=scratch first, then do your private volumes (status=private)

Back